Our community has been through a lot over the last few months and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed our commitment to you and your safety has not. Infection Control has always been a top priority for our practice. We want you to be both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows the infection control recommendations made by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO), Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and Infection Prevention and Control Canada (IPAC).
We follow all of these agencies so we are up to date on any additional guidance that may be issued.
You may notice some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and team members. Some examples of what you will see:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office or you will receive an online screening list of questions to streamline your office arrival.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in
the reception area and other places in the office for use when needed.
- You will see that our waiting room no longer offers magazines, books or toys as those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We ask that you come to your appointment wearing a mask or scarf/bandana to cover your mouth and nose, and please bring your own pen for any form that you may be required to complete.
Your visit will include the following extra precautions for your safety.
1. Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces.
2. Maintain distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the clinic.
3. Installed sneeze guards or droplet barriers at all reception areas.
4. Require hand washing and hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
5. Introduce an oral pre rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
6. Record temperature of every patient upon entering the office.
7. Record the temperature and lung efficiency of every team member each day at beginning and end of work period.
8. Tap debit machine to allow for contactless exit from the appointment.
9. Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
10. Enhanced operatory and office disinfection procedures at the end of the day with mist or fogging devices to access hard to reach places.
11. Additional personal protection equipment for our doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
12. Introduce protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
13. Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
14. Disinfection of all outside mail and packages that enter the building.
15. Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
16. Providing teledentistry services for follow up lab reports or communication that can be done online or through video education.
17. Ambient air management with HEPA 13 air filtration to remove germs from the circulating air.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you and every patient safe. To make an appointment please call our office number or visit our website.
We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back.
Dr. Cristin McCauley and the team at Parkdale Dental Centre.